Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #16


Today I read up on Wikis, what they are and how they can be used by teachers in the classroom. Only time will limit incorporating them into instruction. I am curious about Wikis' limitations, however. I can appreciate the differences in Wikis and blogs, and probably will even more in the future. Which would be better to start with in a classroom of third graders? I have to take a moment or two and remember two of my cats showing affection for one another. This original photograph was taken today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for your comment about my blog. Doing this workshop has certainly been interesting and enlightening.

    I just returned from a history workshop in Atlanta. One task we were given was to create a document based question. We had to locate 5 primary source documents and write four questions about them. We used a wiki to do that. It was the first time I had ever done anything with a wiki. It was pretty neat. Each of us could contribute to the document and edit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are good to share information, but when doing a project collaboratively, wikis are the way to go! Keep thinking of all the ways to use them and together we can introduce them to your class next year! Just imagine the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete